What is Simplest Gallery plugin?
Simplest Gallery plugin is the simplest way to integrate WordPress’ builtin Photo Galleries into your pages with nice visual effects.
It does what NextGen did for older versions of WordPress: Simplest Gallery provides an extensible layer for easily switching your galleries style. Different gallery plugins use different methods to manage images so, every time you want to switch style you usually need re-create galleries with the new plugin’s method.
With Simplest Gallery, instead, you just use WordPress builtin tools, and once you want a different style for your photo gallery, you don’t need to re-create it from scratch, you just apply a new gallery style and it’s done!
This plugin offers a nice default gallery style (“FancyBox”, the one you see in this page) right after you install it, plus you can add more gallery styles later when you want.
Here you see the “with labels” style, but you get also the “without labels” style for top clean layout.
More than 3100 sites are currently using Simplest GallerySites using Simplest Gallery
Just click on the images above (the have been inserted by using WordPress’ builtin gallery feature – see video tutorial). Try also scrolling with the mouse wheel while viewing full screen.
Additional see multi-gallery demo here for the “without labels” layout.
- Fully tested up to WordPress 4.9.* .
- It might work also from WordPress 5.0.* up to 5.6.* (Classic Editor plugin and jQuery Migrate Helper plugin need to be installed and activated too).
- Untested and hence unsupported on WordPress 5.7 and later (sorry – learn why)
Advantages of using Simplest Gallery plugin for WordPress:
- Great for end-users
- Simplest solution ever for end-user – uses WordPress built-in gallery shortcodes
- Supports many gallery styles (see all, others will soon follow)
- Lightbox (default, builtin) gallery format: images will scroll even with mouse wheel rotation
- User-selectable column sizes
- Allows more than one gallery in a post (see demo)
- Easy-to-use gallery style selection box in your post/page edit screen
- Multi-language support
- Great for developers
- Easily add new gallery styles via simple addon plugins, API interface (click here for documentation)
- Easy to implement different functionalities via WP shortcodes, passed via the API
Download plugin from the official WordPress Plugin Repository – you can do it from your own WordPress admin panel: Plugins -> add new -> Search -> simplest gallery -> install
Get more gallery styles
Once you have got it running, you can get extra gallery styles by these plugins. See below:
- jQuery Cycle Slideshow style (demo + download)
- LightView Gallery – Responsive with Autoplay (demo + download)
- Imageflow (demo + download)
- PikaChoose Gallery (demo + download)
- See all…
Want to extend this plugin by adding a new gallery style? It’s easy because it has an easy-to-use, flexible API interface!
Simplest Gallery is a free plugin released under the MIT License.
Simplest Gallery includes software “Fancybox” version 1.3.4 by Janis Skarnelis – http://fancybox.net/ which is licensed both under GPL and MIT licenses.
Older versions based on Fancybox2 are no more distributed nor available.
Help us to grow
Simplest Gallery powers up currently more than 3,100 sites worldwide. Unfortunately almost none of their webmasters cared to leave even a rating or a positive comment. On the converse, it happens that envious competitors or stupid users leave 1-star ratings just for the sake of doing it. The author of this plugin developed it for his own sites, so this behaviour will never stop the plugin to exist – it will only stop future releases to be shared for free. We are currently evaluating the possibility to stop releasing for free and turning the plugin as a purchase-only software.
So if you like this plugin and find it useful, please! help keeping it free and give it a 5-star rating here
A good rating will help the plugin to get popular and thus more gallery formats will become available soon for free.
Bloggers, please write about this software and be our voice!
If you use this plugin, you could consider to donate. Any donation will encourage us to continue improve it and keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies.
Many thanks to who has donated yet
And if you don’t like the plugin, then drop us a line at the support forum or gently switch to another one and please avoid putting a bad review. There’s no need to behave like an assh*le.