What is Simplest Gallery plugin?
Simplest Gallery plugin is the simplest way to integrate WordPress’ builtin Photo Galleries into your pages with nice visual effects.
It does what NextGen did for older versions of WordPress: Simplest Gallery provides an extensible layer for easily switching your galleries style. Different gallery plugins use different methods to manage images so, every time you want to switch style you usually need re-create galleries with the new plugin’s method.
With Simplest Gallery, instead, you just use WordPress builtin tools, and once you want a different style for your photo gallery, you don’t need to re-create it from scratch, you just apply a new gallery style and it’s done!
This plugin offers a nice default gallery style (“FancyBox”, the one you see in this page) right after you install it, plus you can add more gallery styles later when you want.
Here you see the “with labels” style, but you get also the “without labels” style for top clean layout.
Just click on the images above (the have been inserted by using WordPress’ builtin gallery feature – see video tutorial). Try also scrolling with the mouse wheel while viewing full screen.
Additional see multi-gallery demo here for the “without labels” layout.
Advantages of using Simplest Gallery plugin for WordPress:
- Great for end-users
- Simplest solution ever for end-user – uses WordPress built-in function – outranks competitors such as NextGen
- Supports many gallery styles (see all, others will soon follow)
- (new!) for WP 3.7 and for all older releases back to 3.5.1
- Lightbox (default, builtin) gallery format: images will scroll even with mouse wheel rotation
- User-selectable column sizes
- Allows more than one gallery in a post (see demo)
- Easy-to-use settings box in your post/page edit screen
- Multi-language support
- Great for developers
- Easily add new gallery styles via simple addon plugins, API interface (click here for documentation)
Download plugin from the official WordPress Plugin Repository – you can do it from your own WordPress admin panel: Plugins -> add new -> Search -> simplest gallery -> install
Get more gallery styles
Once you have got it running, you can get extra gallery styles by these plugins. See below:
- jQuery Cycle Slideshow style (demo + download)
- LightView Gallery – Responsive with Autoplay (demo + download)
- Imageflow (demo + download)
- PikaChoose Gallery (demo + download)
- See all…
Want to extend this plugin by adding a new gallery style? It’s easy because it has an easy-to-use, flexible API interface!
Simplest Gallery is a free plugin released under the MIT License.
Simplest Gallery includes software “Fancybox” version 1.3.4 by Janis Skarnelis – http://fancybox.net/ which is licensed both under GPL and MIT licenses.
Older versions based on Fancybox2 are no more distributed nor available.
Help us to grow
If you like this plugin and find it useful, please give it a 5-star rating here!
A good rating will help the plugin to get popular and thus more gallery formats will become available soon!
Bloggers, please write about this software and be our voice!